How To Fix 10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10 (Solved) Home > Windows 10 > 10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10

10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10

Contents

don December 23, 2016 Reply These are not actual programs you can install the are just standalone installers that just sit there like the regular windows updater. Thank you for taking the time to be very detailed and clear on what to do. Elijah December 7, 2016 Reply You saved me hours and hours of frustration. If you just have a single Windows partition, you can tell the installer to overwrite it. his comment is here

Richard August 31, 2016 Reply I should add that I did have to run the "Windows Update Diagnostic" (from Microsoft) before and after each installation recommended here. Install Media Codecs Playing MP3s in Rhythmbox Legal issues stop Ubuntu from being able to play MP3, MP4 and other media files ‘out of the box'. In my case, the updates in step 12 were NOT optional, and only when the very last one (December) was installed did Windows update function. Richard December 29, 2016 Reply Great article it got me out of real muddle, I followed the directions step by step and the update function now fully works again. http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/10-things-to-do-after-you-upgrade-your-computer-to-windows-10-11363994684527

10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10

It took me all day but everything is up to date now! Thank you. worked for me.. Or maybe when I finish installing Win 7, I should just check for any missing drivers and install ONLY them?

Thank you so much! Start with a fresh install of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with network drivers installed. Jeff December 5, 2016 Reply I had to do several clean installs of Win 7 this summer, and a few since. After Installing Windows 10 Black Screen Firstly, not everyone is reading this list on release date. And even if you are, a few last-minute security, stability or bug fixes may have slipped out between the installation image being created and you installing from

January 4, 2017 Reply For step 12, the optional updates are supposed to be cumulative as of the October 2016 monthly update, so it should be okay to just install the What To Do After Installing Windows It only worked for me after the November release, booting from a USB drive created with Windows Media Tools. Hoping to simplify the update process on a fresh install, in May 2016 Microsoft released what has been dubbed the "Convenience Rollup," encapsulating many Windows 7 updates that came after the release http://lifehacker.com/5634978/top-10-things-to-do-with-a-new-windows-7-system Get Classic Thin Taskbar Back If you don't like the new Superbar, you can get the classic thin Taskbar back: How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text in

If you'd rather see menus inside the window of the app they belong to: Go to ‘System Settings > Appearance' Select the ‘Behavior’ tab Find the section headed: ‘Show the Menus for a Window’ Check Things To Do After Installing Windows 10 Privacy If all you want is the best of … Read more Read more What's the first thing you do when you've got a fresh new system, or a re-installed OS? Alternatively, if you’re happy to stick with Windows 10 and need to reclaim some hard drive space sooner rather than later, go to Start > Settings> System > Storage and click John Huffington December 8, 2016 Reply Absolutely brilliant instructions - worked perfectly for me, so handy to have all the download links too.Thank you very much.John.

What To Do After Installing Windows

I can't believe Microsoft makes it so hard for the people who don't want to install their spyware / ad campaign OS. my site Yes,, I created an image so this will never happen to me again !! 10 Things To Do After Installing Windows 10 Anonymous November 30, 2016 Reply everything in this article helped a lot, i was actually able to install some updates manually but update still doesn't work. Windows 10 Must Do Explore The New ‘Software' Store A new software store ships as part of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Trish December 22, 2016 Reply Thanks so much Andy D. this content Your detailed instructions are the ONLY solution that fixed my Windows 7 update problem. Who cares? Beyond that, the process depends on what (if any) special mechanisms have been put in place by Microsoft to facilitate bulk free upgrades for businesses. Things To Do After Installing Windows 10 Reddit

I ran the tool again after receiving that message and completed just fine. If anything, I would expect that steps that resolve issues with Windows 8 might be applicable to Server 2012, but I haven't personally had to deal with update issues on those If you’ve upgraded from Windows 7, you’ll still be using a ‘local’ account, while Windows 8 upgraders may already have a Microsoft account. weblink why does it not just install the damn update?

papigiulio December 6, 2016 Reply After the first 4 updates I solved most of my windows issues, thank you so much for this Bob December 21, 2016 Reply Or…boot from install Windows 10 Things To Disable Generally the Windows 7 issue that is addressed by this article is related to problems with the OS rather than a network error. I just make twoo computers to go update again.

http://download.wsusoffline.netWorks every time Virgil Cook December 6, 2016 Reply Al I can say is WOW.

We won’t judge. BUT THIS WORKED!!! I was pulling my hair out trying to update and thanks to you all done and dusted. Fun Things To Do With Windows 10 Thanks!

I copied your web page for future use in case i have to do a fresh reinstall of windows 7……. Stan Chmelyk December 8, 2016 Reply Literally days wasted over the course of several months, I had tried every solution I could find online. Customize Windows 7 Login Screen Windows 7 allows you to easily change the Login Screen (or Welcome Screen) using Windows registry. check over here No I don't have a backup.

Voilà — instant Windows 8 experience. This may require you change a setting in the BIOS, access a boot menu, or use the "Use a device" option in the advanced startup options on a modern Windows 8 As you are using BETA version of Windows you might face many crashes and other performance related issues at any time. this fixed the issue i was having for over a week!

I have been Ripping my hair out on lame wannabe sites…for days!! The computer will restart and after somewhere between 10 minutes to half an hour, or maybe longer depending on the speed of the machine, you will have yourself a computer with This worked. John December 11, 2016 Reply Thanks!

Ubuntu provides options inside the System Settings > Appearance pane that allow you to choose where app menus appear. I can't even boot it from the DVD, Win starts, but nothing happens afterwards. Click on Change what to keep.Enlarge ImagePhoto by Screenshot by Dong Ngo/CNET Step 8: In the next step, you can choose to keep Nothing (so that you'll have a truly fresh Zack November 27, 2016 Reply Jim you my factory reset your computer first then install these before installing anything else (step by step) thus is what I had to do Thor